Skip to main content

Tell Us About Yourself

I have been in quite a few interviews this month and the only question that they keep on asking me is: "Tell us about yourself".

I would tell them I love food that's why I eat every 30 minutes, if not 30, then 15.
I would tell them I compose songs.
I would tell them I love writing poetry.
I would tell them I write stories.
I would tell them I blog.

But I have never told anyone these:

My mother died 5 years ago, while my father died 2 years ago, and yet their death sank into me when I saw their death certificates just a month ago. I realize that they are actually dead and nothing can change that. I read the words that said that my uncle is our legal guardian, and quite involuntarily, tears started running from my eyes.

I went to my sister and she laughed saying that I just realize that our parents are actually gone, and she told me that being successful will be our greatest gift that we can give to our family who treats us as their own children. And I guess that's something to remind me to keep holding on, because that's how we survive this jungle-like life.

I am also afraid to laugh too hard, because once tears comes up because of laughing too much, it's not the so-called "tears-of-joy" anymore. I am actually crying. Everyday, I would hold myself back and remind myself to smile, because smiles are contagious, and I know a single smile can make anyone's day, and that's enough. Gotta appreciate the little things, right? But then again, I want to cry. I want to cry when I am alone, I want to cry when I see parents having fun with their children, and I want to cry when I see kids telling their parents they love them, because that's just too beautiful. They have parents to open up to and here I am hoping that they won't suffer the way that I am suffering now.

I tend to look for my parent's faces in the crowd until now, hoping that maybe, just maybe, they'll actually show up. Sometimes I would wish to wake up suddenly hearing my father's loud knocking on my room's door, or maybe wake up hearing my father's playlist being played on our terrace, and better yet, wake up after sniffing my mother's delicious cooking.

I love the rain because I remember my father taking care of me when I was still sick on a rainy day. He would wake me up and feed me with his newly cooked dish, and tell me that I should get well sooner so I can go to different places and have fun. But then, I hate the the sound of rain pattering loudly on a roof because I always get nervous when I hear it, it reminds me of an awful past. 



I am traumatized.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose: My Happiness or Yours?

We can’t deny that we’ve all been through this rough decision. You wanna go home but your friends want you to stay? You wanna buy your favorite shoes but your mom insists that the shoes she picked was better? You wanna be a teacher but your parents wants you to be an engineer? Those are just some of the hard decisions to think over. Whether you’ll go for what you want but the other side gets disappointed or you follow the wants of others and you just have to bear with it.  But to think of it, sometimes you have to fight for yourself. I mean, yes, you want to make them happy, but what about you? Are you gonna be happy? Yes, sometimes you have to think about others before yourself but it doesn't mean you have to do it all the time...because sometimes, people can abuse you for that. Would you want that? Definitely not. But then the thought that you're risking something over your happiness might come into mind. Take for example, your friendship. Yes, they

Maybe Life Isn't As Bad As You Think It Is

We all think that life is a challenge. An RP game that we are all a part of. We go through things that we think are our last challenge because we're just gonna pause it right there and not even think of a way to get over it. And now you're stuck at looking at a flat wall, and it's staring back at you. A tough life, that's what we all have. We have problems that we think will never arrive at our doorstep, but it did. When something goes wrong, we think that we rode the wrong train and there's no turning back. But maybe that's just how it's supposed to be. We've focused enough on the normal things that we didn't even wonder what's behind a mountain. We think that we're safe if we do things normally, and by doing things the normal way, there's nothing that can waver the norms. When we look at people smiling and laughing, we wish that our life will turn out to be like theirs, and we're not even thinking that maybe they have their own

Goodnight.

It's almost 2am and my mind is filled with reasons why I couldn't sleep. I couldn't sleep ... because when you've said your last "goodnight" for today, I wondered if you'll ever need me for the next couple of hours. What if you couldn't sleep, or have been woken up from a nightmare, and I wouldn't be there to tell you that everything's going to be alright? Tell me what's bothering you at 3am and I will talk to you until you fall asleep. And by then I'll bid you Goodnight. I couldn't sleep ... because when I look at the ceiling, I'd wish that by the time I look beside me, I can see you, and not this pillow missing the warmth of your skin. And maybe by then we wouldn't need to have our phone in our hands, because I would intertwine your fingers with mine, and they'd fit perfectly, almost as if it's meant to be. And we'll look at each other's eyes Not on our phones Because we wouldn't have