Skip to main content

Ruined.

We all have these moments when we tell ourselves that our life's ruined. It might be because of a book, a movie, series, talk shows, or anything that we sank our hearts and feelings into.

And it just happened to me...AGAIN. Here I am typing in my blog at 3am because I just paused a series that I am watching, I didn't just pause it, I closed that VLC media player and heaved out a stressed laugh because that series was ruining my life.

I know that we all got disappointed from the wrong decisions that our favourite characters make and how impeccable their bad timing is, but maybe that's what's making the story more interesting. What if our life's a movie and people have been watching it? What if they get the same reaction we do when we get depressed, sad, or even happy with whatever the main character does? What if the voices in our head are actually the voices of the people watching over our life story?

I have thought about that too, it sounds interesting but it's creepy at the same time. In every heartbreaking scene in every movie I have watched, I kept telling myself "This is just a movie, this isn't true. Get over it." but no matter how many times I tell myself that, I still feel a sting in my heart whenever a scene that I don't wanna watch, happens because I felt that connection between the characters and the viewer, that is me, itself. We all get absorbed in the story and there's no turning back...unless you pause it. But honestly, I just need some time of recovery before I continue that series because I need to brace myself for the worst. But maybe sometimes we need to face it. Maybe sometimes we need not to pause  it but continue and let whatever happens, happen. You might say that you wouldn't do the same thing as the character does in the movie if you put yourself in their shoes but sometimes we have to realize that we all think differently (although I gotta admit that some character's point of views really sucks sometimes). But maybe that's one of those life's challenges, right?

I remember telling my sister "Loving someone means you're also allowing them to hurt you." and then she gave me a confused look and asked me what I meant, so I gave her an example...and maybe you, too.

Imagine that someone that you like...

and then you saw that someone kissing someone's cheek and both of them are laughing together and are most likely having the time of their lives...

What do you feel? Are you affected by what they're doing?

Can you understand it now? If no, then let's continue.

Imagine a couple on the bus holding each other's hand and are being sweet to each other.

What do you feel?

Nothing, right? You feel nothing because you don't even know them. Why would you feel hurt if you don't even have feelings for someone right?

And that's what I meant when I said "Loving someone means you're also allowing them to hurt you." Are we on the same page here? I hope so.

That's what I feel right now about the series I was watching, and maybe that's what we all feel whenever we get caught up in a book or movie, agree? We all get sucked in their own world that we feel what they also feel. Heartbreak, happiness, butterflies in your stomach, anything.And maybe it's not that bad, right? They have been part of our lives and I think that's beautiful.

A lot of stories have ruined me but I guess life wouldn't be exciting without them. My character might have ended up with the wrong person for me, or maybe my favourite character dies, or maybe the story was too short and you want more, but that doesn't ruin a good movie. Wanna know what ruins a perfectly good movie? Spoilers.

There wouldn't be any excitement if we already knew what would happen, right? Surprises are alright and that's where the fun of life begins.
We might be ruined but that doesn't mean our life is over...and I should probably tell that to myself too.


Teehee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose: My Happiness or Yours?

We can’t deny that we’ve all been through this rough decision. You wanna go home but your friends want you to stay? You wanna buy your favorite shoes but your mom insists that the shoes she picked was better? You wanna be a teacher but your parents wants you to be an engineer? Those are just some of the hard decisions to think over. Whether you’ll go for what you want but the other side gets disappointed or you follow the wants of others and you just have to bear with it.  But to think of it, sometimes you have to fight for yourself. I mean, yes, you want to make them happy, but what about you? Are you gonna be happy? Yes, sometimes you have to think about others before yourself but it doesn't mean you have to do it all the time...because sometimes, people can abuse you for that. Would you want that? Definitely not. But then the thought that you're risking something over your happiness might come into mind. Take for example, your friendship. Yes, they

Maybe Life Isn't As Bad As You Think It Is

We all think that life is a challenge. An RP game that we are all a part of. We go through things that we think are our last challenge because we're just gonna pause it right there and not even think of a way to get over it. And now you're stuck at looking at a flat wall, and it's staring back at you. A tough life, that's what we all have. We have problems that we think will never arrive at our doorstep, but it did. When something goes wrong, we think that we rode the wrong train and there's no turning back. But maybe that's just how it's supposed to be. We've focused enough on the normal things that we didn't even wonder what's behind a mountain. We think that we're safe if we do things normally, and by doing things the normal way, there's nothing that can waver the norms. When we look at people smiling and laughing, we wish that our life will turn out to be like theirs, and we're not even thinking that maybe they have their own

Goodnight.

It's almost 2am and my mind is filled with reasons why I couldn't sleep. I couldn't sleep ... because when you've said your last "goodnight" for today, I wondered if you'll ever need me for the next couple of hours. What if you couldn't sleep, or have been woken up from a nightmare, and I wouldn't be there to tell you that everything's going to be alright? Tell me what's bothering you at 3am and I will talk to you until you fall asleep. And by then I'll bid you Goodnight. I couldn't sleep ... because when I look at the ceiling, I'd wish that by the time I look beside me, I can see you, and not this pillow missing the warmth of your skin. And maybe by then we wouldn't need to have our phone in our hands, because I would intertwine your fingers with mine, and they'd fit perfectly, almost as if it's meant to be. And we'll look at each other's eyes Not on our phones Because we wouldn't have