Skip to main content

HELP WANTED: Life didn't hit me that hard

We have all been through our rough times, no one can escape the cruelty of life. And that's a fact.

Thinking that your life is the worst of all? Think again.

I, for one, thought that I have the worst life in the history of human kind. Thinking that my parents are now gone, I can't imagine that I can't see them ever while I'm still here on earth, alive.

But then I thought, I am not the only one who doesn't have parents...

Every time I watch TV, or walk along the streets, I see homeless children who depends on each other and strive to live.

Life didn't hit me that hard.

In classrooms, I hear everyone laughing and teasing the fattest one in class but little do they know that that fat girl they always tease cries every time she goes home and skips all of her meals just to get thinner. She's living because of water and her parents are worried. She's unhealthy not just physically, but emotionally, too.

My life didn't hit me that hard.

Some girls who got pregnant early are being called sluts. What if she got raped? Can you imagine that terrible experience of hers? No.

My life didn't hit me that hard.

I heard about stories of lovers who had to break up because society didn't want to see them together. Imagine how hard it is to be separated from the one you love just to please the society.

My life didn't hit me that hard.

I also saw how cruel people are towards gays and lesbians. Don't they know that they are people, too? Don't they know that they should be respected?

My life didn't hit me that hard.

I heard of a kid who got hurt by his mother's boyfriend just because he didn't hear him because he had his earphones on. And that guy doesn't have any rights to hurt that kid at all.


My life didn't hit me that hard.

Then I know this one guy whose mother blames everything to him. She slaps and punches him for no reason. She wasn't there for her child. She wasn't there for his child's graduation. She wasn't there to witness how cruel her child's life was because of her.

My life didn't hit me that hard.

And the most heartbreaking one of all...

How do you feel about seeing an old man eating alone at a restaurant?

I wish no one's life would hit that hard.



What should you do then?

Pray.

Pray and believe that everything's gonna be alright. Believe that you can get through it. This is life. There will always be something blocking you from your goals and you just gotta play with it. Make everything you do with your life counts because every second of it is worth it. Take every opportunity as a challenge because there's nothing to lose.

 I need help. You need help. Everyone needs help. We all just need a helping hand. And sometimes, that helping hand is ours, too.

Remember,


Saying "I can't believe I did that"

is better than

"I wish I did that."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose: My Happiness or Yours?

We can’t deny that we’ve all been through this rough decision. You wanna go home but your friends want you to stay? You wanna buy your favorite shoes but your mom insists that the shoes she picked was better? You wanna be a teacher but your parents wants you to be an engineer? Those are just some of the hard decisions to think over. Whether you’ll go for what you want but the other side gets disappointed or you follow the wants of others and you just have to bear with it.  But to think of it, sometimes you have to fight for yourself. I mean, yes, you want to make them happy, but what about you? Are you gonna be happy? Yes, sometimes you have to think about others before yourself but it doesn't mean you have to do it all the time...because sometimes, people can abuse you for that. Would you want that? Definitely not. But then the thought that you're risking something over your happiness might come into mind. Take for example, your friendship. Yes, they

Maybe Life Isn't As Bad As You Think It Is

We all think that life is a challenge. An RP game that we are all a part of. We go through things that we think are our last challenge because we're just gonna pause it right there and not even think of a way to get over it. And now you're stuck at looking at a flat wall, and it's staring back at you. A tough life, that's what we all have. We have problems that we think will never arrive at our doorstep, but it did. When something goes wrong, we think that we rode the wrong train and there's no turning back. But maybe that's just how it's supposed to be. We've focused enough on the normal things that we didn't even wonder what's behind a mountain. We think that we're safe if we do things normally, and by doing things the normal way, there's nothing that can waver the norms. When we look at people smiling and laughing, we wish that our life will turn out to be like theirs, and we're not even thinking that maybe they have their own

If You Have Thoughts About Suicide (Like Me)

If you have been crying in your room all night wishing to end everything, If you have been waking up thinking if you can make it through today, If your thoughts are louder than the sound of your friends pounding and endlessly knocking on your door begging you to open up, If you have ever faked your smiles and your "i'm okay's" so you don't end up crying while telling someone how you really feel, If you have ever felt like a burden to anyone that you think the best way is to disappear, and If you've ever felt too much that you need to feel something burning on your skin to remind you that you are alive, you are not alone. I thought I was going to be okay. I was healing. I was meeting with my psychiatrist once every month. I buy my medicines every week and take them regularly and on time. I was on track. I was going to be okay. Or so I thought. My family does not understand "depression" and "anxiety". They don't understand w