Skip to main content

Freshmen Years (Share Yours Too)

"Never thought it could go any worse than that"

During the first month of summer before my life as a high school student would start, my father used to hate everything I do...and by everything, I mean EVERYTHING.

One time, I was writing on my journal, he scowled at me and said "What are you doing?! You're not even writing on your notebook during your days in elementary!"

Then there's this other time when I drank fresh milk. He was like "Why are you drinking that?! You're not allowed to drink fresh milk at this time of day!"

And of course, the basic thing that parents usually do:

I was watching TV then he called me outside. He was with our family and they were talking. I went up to them and he started talking about all my failures in life and they all started laughing at me. I swear, at that time, I wanted to cut myself.

I went to my room crying and searched for something sharp (can't use the knife, too big). I couldn't find any blade or cutter so I went for the stainless fastener. I wrote "PERFECT" in my arm with it like how the girl did it in the "Fucking Perfect" music video of Pink. It didn't bleed though. Was afraid cuz it hurts.

I went  to my sister after and showed it to her and then...do you know what she did???



She laughed at me and called me emo. I got embarrassed and decided to never try to cut myself again. Yes, I was a wimp.



AT SCHOOL...


You can usually see me sitting at the very corner of the classroom doing nothing but write while everyone in the room keeps on chatting themselves up and having fun. I was a loner at school. Whenever our teacher would tell us to find a partner, I would wait for the last person who doesn't have a partner because he/she has no choice but to partner up with me, right? Poor kid, I know.

One of my classmates went up to me once and told me everything that my classmates would comment about me. Here are the few things I remember:

  • I dress up awkwardly. (Tshirt, pants, rubber shoes, and jackets)
  • I walk in an awkward manner (I never knew there's a normal way of walking)
  • I am childish (Dude, I was 13 years old)
  • I talk to my dad like a baby (okay, let's discuss about that later)
  • I am boring (yes, I admit that. never knew any jokes good to crack up because no one actually talks to me)
Oh, and someone actually called me a "stealer" because her crush went through my bag and I asked her crush why he was going through my stuff. Ironic isn't it. (But hey, that girl's one of my best friends right now)

As you can see, I was nothing but a dust in the wind for them, but little did they know that I have a lot of online friends in this website called Tinierme. (But sadly, it's gone now, still mourning about it)

My life at home wasn't any different because before I go to school, my father would check my bag and one time, I forgot to throw the trash in my bag, he shouted at me about how unclean I was so he threw all the stuffs in my bag outside our house and I had to pick all of them up. I was teary eyed because I don't want to cry before I go to school. I was late for school after but of course, nobody noticed.

P.S.

I talk to my dad like a baby in school because I got used to it when I was in elementary. My sister, mom, dad, and I were really close. But ever since mom died, everything changed.

But I still love my dad no matter what.






How bout you? Wanna share your story? I wanna read yours too and I can post it here in my blog. You can send it on my email.
erisedleviosa@yahoo.com
OR
egalimpin@gmail.com

Don't be shy to share your own story.I will be glad to read it. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose: My Happiness or Yours?

We can’t deny that we’ve all been through this rough decision. You wanna go home but your friends want you to stay? You wanna buy your favorite shoes but your mom insists that the shoes she picked was better? You wanna be a teacher but your parents wants you to be an engineer? Those are just some of the hard decisions to think over. Whether you’ll go for what you want but the other side gets disappointed or you follow the wants of others and you just have to bear with it.  But to think of it, sometimes you have to fight for yourself. I mean, yes, you want to make them happy, but what about you? Are you gonna be happy? Yes, sometimes you have to think about others before yourself but it doesn't mean you have to do it all the time...because sometimes, people can abuse you for that. Would you want that? Definitely not. But then the thought that you're risking something over your happiness might come into mind. Take for example, your friendship. Yes, they

Maybe Life Isn't As Bad As You Think It Is

We all think that life is a challenge. An RP game that we are all a part of. We go through things that we think are our last challenge because we're just gonna pause it right there and not even think of a way to get over it. And now you're stuck at looking at a flat wall, and it's staring back at you. A tough life, that's what we all have. We have problems that we think will never arrive at our doorstep, but it did. When something goes wrong, we think that we rode the wrong train and there's no turning back. But maybe that's just how it's supposed to be. We've focused enough on the normal things that we didn't even wonder what's behind a mountain. We think that we're safe if we do things normally, and by doing things the normal way, there's nothing that can waver the norms. When we look at people smiling and laughing, we wish that our life will turn out to be like theirs, and we're not even thinking that maybe they have their own

If You Have Thoughts About Suicide (Like Me)

If you have been crying in your room all night wishing to end everything, If you have been waking up thinking if you can make it through today, If your thoughts are louder than the sound of your friends pounding and endlessly knocking on your door begging you to open up, If you have ever faked your smiles and your "i'm okay's" so you don't end up crying while telling someone how you really feel, If you have ever felt like a burden to anyone that you think the best way is to disappear, and If you've ever felt too much that you need to feel something burning on your skin to remind you that you are alive, you are not alone. I thought I was going to be okay. I was healing. I was meeting with my psychiatrist once every month. I buy my medicines every week and take them regularly and on time. I was on track. I was going to be okay. Or so I thought. My family does not understand "depression" and "anxiety". They don't understand w