Skip to main content

If You Have Thoughts About Suicide (Like Me)

If you have been crying in your room all night wishing to end everything,
If you have been waking up thinking if you can make it through today,
If your thoughts are louder than the sound of your friends pounding and endlessly knocking on your door begging you to open up,
If you have ever faked your smiles and your "i'm okay's" so you don't end up crying while telling someone how you really feel,
If you have ever felt like a burden to anyone that you think the best way is to disappear,
and
If you've ever felt too much that you need to feel something burning on your skin to remind you that you are alive,

you are not alone.

I thought I was going to be okay.

I was healing. I was meeting with my psychiatrist once every month. I buy my medicines every week and take them regularly and on time. I was on track. I was going to be okay.
Or so I thought.
My family does not understand "depression" and "anxiety". They don't understand what  it is. They don't understand why they are wasting money on sending me to a shrink.
My psychiatrist once talked to them about how I'm coping up. I thought everything's going to be okay. But no. They thought everything she said were just lies and she's doing nothing to make me feel better.
I was done listening to their complaints. I was done listening to their sarcastic remarks about my illness.

I stopped.

I stopped going to the psychiatrist. I stopped taking my medications. For a while I thought I was okay, and stopping medications was probably a bad decision-- but I can't do anything if they don't want me to continue going to the psychiatrist anymore.

And now my thoughts are back, worse than ever.

Every night I have to tell myself that the sun will rise. That everything is going to be okay. I distract myself by being busy. I talk to friends and hangout with them. But at the end of the day, I will always be alone with my thoughts, and my own thoughts scare me sometimes because they can be the death of me.

So how am I still holding on?

I vent. I talk to my friends about  how I feel, and they help me out.

Surround yourself with people that knows how to listen.

Don't keep the pain. Let it out. Cry if you must.

Cliche, but... I am also holding on to the fact that everything's going to work out in the end.

Hold on.


We'll be okay.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Blind

Most of them say that being blind is hard. You wouldn't know where you are, you wouldn't know what's the color of this and that, you would't know how amazing earth is, you'll see nothing but darkness... But being blind doesn't mean you don't have any chances of living the good life in this world. You have the ears to listen, the nose to smell, the mouth to speak, and the skin to feel, and maybe, just maybe, that could be enough. You can listen to nature surrounding you. The rushing of the river, the chirping of the birds... You can smell what you're cooking and make it a perfect dish because you can smell the bad ones from the good ones... You can speak up your mind and also ask people for assistance because you can't really see them but you know they are there... And you have the skin to feel the wind sweeping on your face, the gentle touch of a person guiding you, the softness and roughness of things, and that's already enoug...

A Marooner's Confession

I am proud to say that I am a Marooner and one of the huge fans of Maroon 5. Their songs inspire me and makes my day complete just by listening to their songs. They may not know that I exist but they know that there's someone out there listening and adoring their music and that's already enough for me. I will forever support them and be one of those stars in the sky, they may not see all the stars but they know they're there. Some people complain about my addiction to this band, and that just makes me...I don't know the exact word to express what I'm feeling but it's close to feeling disappointed. They don't know how this band saved me. They don't know how this band inspire me. They don't know how the little things that this band do makes me happy. They don't know that this band is my life. They don't know how this band's music make my heart sing. They don't know how this band makes me smile. They don't know that I love this ba...

Ruined.

We all have these moments when we tell ourselves that our life's ruined. It might be because of a book, a movie, series, talk shows, or anything that we sank our hearts and feelings into. And it just happened to me...AGAIN. Here I am typing in my blog at 3am because I just paused a series that I am watching, I didn't just pause it, I closed that VLC media player and heaved out a stressed laugh because that series was ruining my life. I know that we all got disappointed from the wrong decisions that our favourite characters make and how impeccable their bad timing is, but maybe that's what's making the story more interesting. What if our life's a movie and people have been watching it? What if they get the same reaction we do when we get depressed, sad, or even happy with whatever the main character does? What if the voices in our head are actually the voices of the people watching over our life story? I have thought about that too, it sounds interesting but it...