Skip to main content

The Original Plan

The original plan? I'm supposed to study in my family's dream university... University of the Philippines.
 
But then I chose West Visayas State University because my desired course is there, and now, I am indeed happy of my decision.

I told my family before that I'll just try WVSU at first then transfer to UP when I get to my second year in college... I guess I'll abort that mission.

My original plan before I started my college life is to remain invisible...to be just another person in the corner eating burgers or whatnot, just another person passing by for a year because I'm not supposed to be there after a year anyway.

But then I met these people that made me forget about my disposition. I see them everyday and it makes me tell myself that "there it is, here's that something that's too hard to leave behind." Friends, they're already my family. I hang-out with them everyday, I see them tease and annoy each other at times, we laugh, we share how life's been treating us, and it's just beautiful. 

Then it hit me, maybe this is how things are really supposed to be. We keep on planning things that we thought would work out really well but then in reality, it doesn't. There will always be change. Sometimes we think that we rode the correct vehicle but then we realize we didn't, because there's actually no correct vehicle for anything. 

Planning things ahead, it's not bad at all, but I guess sometimes we just have to lighten things up a bit. Our plans can sometimes never work if we don't persevere to follow it, but...take  some time realizing what you have now... Best laid plans are sometimes rare, but if we look and see what unexpected plans had given  us, then maybe we'll realize that it's still worth it afterall.

So yeah, this is me saying that I'll pursue my college life with the course I love and with the best people in the world. How bout you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Blind

Most of them say that being blind is hard. You wouldn't know where you are, you wouldn't know what's the color of this and that, you would't know how amazing earth is, you'll see nothing but darkness... But being blind doesn't mean you don't have any chances of living the good life in this world. You have the ears to listen, the nose to smell, the mouth to speak, and the skin to feel, and maybe, just maybe, that could be enough. You can listen to nature surrounding you. The rushing of the river, the chirping of the birds... You can smell what you're cooking and make it a perfect dish because you can smell the bad ones from the good ones... You can speak up your mind and also ask people for assistance because you can't really see them but you know they are there... And you have the skin to feel the wind sweeping on your face, the gentle touch of a person guiding you, the softness and roughness of things, and that's already enoug...

A Marooner's Confession

I am proud to say that I am a Marooner and one of the huge fans of Maroon 5. Their songs inspire me and makes my day complete just by listening to their songs. They may not know that I exist but they know that there's someone out there listening and adoring their music and that's already enough for me. I will forever support them and be one of those stars in the sky, they may not see all the stars but they know they're there. Some people complain about my addiction to this band, and that just makes me...I don't know the exact word to express what I'm feeling but it's close to feeling disappointed. They don't know how this band saved me. They don't know how this band inspire me. They don't know how the little things that this band do makes me happy. They don't know that this band is my life. They don't know how this band's music make my heart sing. They don't know how this band makes me smile. They don't know that I love this ba...

If You Have Thoughts About Suicide (Like Me)

If you have been crying in your room all night wishing to end everything, If you have been waking up thinking if you can make it through today, If your thoughts are louder than the sound of your friends pounding and endlessly knocking on your door begging you to open up, If you have ever faked your smiles and your "i'm okay's" so you don't end up crying while telling someone how you really feel, If you have ever felt like a burden to anyone that you think the best way is to disappear, and If you've ever felt too much that you need to feel something burning on your skin to remind you that you are alive, you are not alone. I thought I was going to be okay. I was healing. I was meeting with my psychiatrist once every month. I buy my medicines every week and take them regularly and on time. I was on track. I was going to be okay. Or so I thought. My family does not understand "depression" and "anxiety". They don't understand w...