Skip to main content

Had A Little Convo With Someone...

Someone went to me and asked "Why am I not sweet, unlike you? Do you have all the 'sweet-genes' or something?". It took me a moment to comprehend what she just said and I told her "It's not in the genes. It depends on how you want people to feel and how sensitive you are to other's feelings." Then I added "Pride, my dear."

And then she told me that she threw a certain letter that someone gave her a year ago because she thought it was "too sweet" and too "corny" and after that, I gave her a speech. Our conversation went like this:

Me: WHAT?! Why would you throw something like that? He wrote that letter with all his might regarding that he will probably get humiliated because of that and yet he still chose to write a love letter to you. Have a sense of gratitude. Just keeping that letter is a huge deal for him already and that means so much but you'll just throw it away???

Her: I kept it for a year...

Me: And soooo??? You kept it for a year and that doesn't mean that it's already okay. Once someone gave you something that they worked hard on, you should treasure it forever. What if someone did the same thing if they ever sent you a letter? You wouldn't like it, would you? What will you tell your children someday? What will you ever share to them? You can't have that letter ever and say that "Oh look, I remember this letter that he sent me." and you wouldn't have something to smile about. Even keeping that letter is the sweetest thing that you could have done for him.

Her: So...should I retrieve that letter?

Me: Yup.

And then sadly, the letter couldn't be found somewhere. So I told her that she should apologize to him, and she did, and I am so proud of her because for once in her life, she lowered her pride and apologized with all her heart and I know that she's feeling bad about it.

Don't worry though, they are in good terms now. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Blind

Most of them say that being blind is hard. You wouldn't know where you are, you wouldn't know what's the color of this and that, you would't know how amazing earth is, you'll see nothing but darkness... But being blind doesn't mean you don't have any chances of living the good life in this world. You have the ears to listen, the nose to smell, the mouth to speak, and the skin to feel, and maybe, just maybe, that could be enough. You can listen to nature surrounding you. The rushing of the river, the chirping of the birds... You can smell what you're cooking and make it a perfect dish because you can smell the bad ones from the good ones... You can speak up your mind and also ask people for assistance because you can't really see them but you know they are there... And you have the skin to feel the wind sweeping on your face, the gentle touch of a person guiding you, the softness and roughness of things, and that's already enoug...

A Marooner's Confession

I am proud to say that I am a Marooner and one of the huge fans of Maroon 5. Their songs inspire me and makes my day complete just by listening to their songs. They may not know that I exist but they know that there's someone out there listening and adoring their music and that's already enough for me. I will forever support them and be one of those stars in the sky, they may not see all the stars but they know they're there. Some people complain about my addiction to this band, and that just makes me...I don't know the exact word to express what I'm feeling but it's close to feeling disappointed. They don't know how this band saved me. They don't know how this band inspire me. They don't know how the little things that this band do makes me happy. They don't know that this band is my life. They don't know how this band's music make my heart sing. They don't know how this band makes me smile. They don't know that I love this ba...

Ruined.

We all have these moments when we tell ourselves that our life's ruined. It might be because of a book, a movie, series, talk shows, or anything that we sank our hearts and feelings into. And it just happened to me...AGAIN. Here I am typing in my blog at 3am because I just paused a series that I am watching, I didn't just pause it, I closed that VLC media player and heaved out a stressed laugh because that series was ruining my life. I know that we all got disappointed from the wrong decisions that our favourite characters make and how impeccable their bad timing is, but maybe that's what's making the story more interesting. What if our life's a movie and people have been watching it? What if they get the same reaction we do when we get depressed, sad, or even happy with whatever the main character does? What if the voices in our head are actually the voices of the people watching over our life story? I have thought about that too, it sounds interesting but it...