Skip to main content

The Man Who Cried Danger

What will your reaction be if you see a man carrying an armalite around town? Call the police, obviously.

Yesterday, April 30, 2014, my aunt caught an old woman running with her grand children and muttering something. Something about a man in black carrying a deadly weapon.

Wanna know what she did?

Nope, she didn't panic.




She actually laughed.

She laughed because they got it all wrong. The man carrying the weapon was actually our homeboy. He brought my cousin's airsoft gun home because our uncle borrowed it the day before that.
There was a crowd outside full of police and the people in the neighborhood's faces were painted with panic. The witness' story went like this:
"I saw a man in a black shirt carrying an armalite around. I followed him to the church and then he suddenly disappeared."

We are living near the church and there's a shortcut to our house by the church and that explains the sudden disappearance.

So all the hard work of the police for searching for this "man" didn't pay off because of a wrong idea. And it bothers a lot of people because our homeboy's been staying with us for years and the man who reported didn't even know him.

Although it is understandable that the airsoft looked real and it is normal for people to panic when a gun is in sight but sometimes we gotta make sure that it's true before reporting to the authorities. If we make a decision right away, a lot of people will get affected and that doesn't sound good at all, does it?

We don't have to jump into conclusions right away. We have to make things sure first before making an act because if you have done a lot of false alarms, then sooner or later, people will lose trust in you and we don't want that to happen, do we?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Blind

Most of them say that being blind is hard. You wouldn't know where you are, you wouldn't know what's the color of this and that, you would't know how amazing earth is, you'll see nothing but darkness... But being blind doesn't mean you don't have any chances of living the good life in this world. You have the ears to listen, the nose to smell, the mouth to speak, and the skin to feel, and maybe, just maybe, that could be enough. You can listen to nature surrounding you. The rushing of the river, the chirping of the birds... You can smell what you're cooking and make it a perfect dish because you can smell the bad ones from the good ones... You can speak up your mind and also ask people for assistance because you can't really see them but you know they are there... And you have the skin to feel the wind sweeping on your face, the gentle touch of a person guiding you, the softness and roughness of things, and that's already enoug...

A Marooner's Confession

I am proud to say that I am a Marooner and one of the huge fans of Maroon 5. Their songs inspire me and makes my day complete just by listening to their songs. They may not know that I exist but they know that there's someone out there listening and adoring their music and that's already enough for me. I will forever support them and be one of those stars in the sky, they may not see all the stars but they know they're there. Some people complain about my addiction to this band, and that just makes me...I don't know the exact word to express what I'm feeling but it's close to feeling disappointed. They don't know how this band saved me. They don't know how this band inspire me. They don't know how the little things that this band do makes me happy. They don't know that this band is my life. They don't know how this band's music make my heart sing. They don't know how this band makes me smile. They don't know that I love this ba...

If You Have Thoughts About Suicide (Like Me)

If you have been crying in your room all night wishing to end everything, If you have been waking up thinking if you can make it through today, If your thoughts are louder than the sound of your friends pounding and endlessly knocking on your door begging you to open up, If you have ever faked your smiles and your "i'm okay's" so you don't end up crying while telling someone how you really feel, If you have ever felt like a burden to anyone that you think the best way is to disappear, and If you've ever felt too much that you need to feel something burning on your skin to remind you that you are alive, you are not alone. I thought I was going to be okay. I was healing. I was meeting with my psychiatrist once every month. I buy my medicines every week and take them regularly and on time. I was on track. I was going to be okay. Or so I thought. My family does not understand "depression" and "anxiety". They don't understand w...